Saturday, June 16, 2007

Week 36

With one month to go, he weighs about 6 lbs and is fattening. His full length from crown to feet is about 20.5 inches. Has The Piglet's movement slowed down? If so, I shouldn't worry 5-10% of all mothers report that babies start to slow down as they grow larger and get more cramped for space. Still, I should be able to feel The Piglet move more than 10 x a day. What's happening to me physically? As people may have already pointed out that it looks like I could pop at any minute, they might just be right. The due date only suggests a time when The Piglet is likely to be born. In reality, I could go into labour anytime between now and 6 weeks from now. My belly button is becoming flattened or may even stick out like a wine cork. I may feel a lightening sensation on my ribs & organs as The Piglet descends into my pelvis. Breathing and eating will be easier, but I'll be running to the bathroom more often than ever, and the change in pressure may cause shooting pains in my groin and leg.
- excerpt from: Great expectations : your all-in-one resource for pregnancy & childbirth by Jones, Sandy

No comments:

Lilypie