Monday, June 18, 2007

The Sensitive Man and Other Things

So after my appointments today I went to the mall to pick up some stuff. We'll get into that later. I was in Zellers looking for maxi-pads (because apparently you need these after delivery... who knew!) and trying to make a selection and not get overwhelmed when this man, probably around my same age, came into the aisle. I'm not sure who among you have been down this feminine aisle but really, there's no mistaking it. Although, at the end there were depends undergarments as well, but I digress. Anyway, this man was looking at everything and picking things up and examining them. Then he approached me.



Man: Excuse me, but can you help me?
Me: Uh, I can try.
Man: My wife needs pads.
Me: Okay, do you know what kind?
Man: the everyday ones.
...now I don't know about you, but I immediately think two things... pantiliner and that this is the best husband ever....
Me: well, everyday? Okay, there's these ones and it depends on the size and shape and the uh, well, the uh, ummm, the amount that's coming out. (really, HOW exactly do you phrase that delicately?)
So I pick up a random small pack of unscented pantiliners.
Man: I know there's a shape to them.
Okay, really, I doubt if Steven has EVER examined any of my feminine products to even identify their shape. I'm pretty sure his eyes start to bleed and circus tunes start playing in his head if he's ever confronted with them.
Me: okay, there's all these ones. (and I point out the different shapes and lengths.) She didn't tell you which one to buy?
Man: No. She's at home with the baby.
Me: And it's everyday ones?
Man: Yes.
Me: Maybe you should just pick up a smaller box just in case it's the wrong one. Good luck.




Alright, first off I totally commend him for going to the store to buy these for his wife but most of all? I'm amazed that he had the balls to approach a complete stranger for help in picking it out!


So, I made a list. Those of you that know me well, know that I love making lists. I have a list for things that I need in the birthing room to help me. And I have another list of things that I need to buy to take to the birthing room. So I went to get Body Shop lip balm, Peppermint oil or spray and possibly something to wear while I'm there. Something comfortable and something I don't mind if it gets ruined. Because I have absolutely no frame of reference for what I require, I simply got a tshirt/shorts/pj pants combo. Nice & cheap and it looks totally comfortable. While I was out, I also looked at nursing bras. Again, having no experience with these things, I found them kind of ugly and intimidating. I mean, those clips, the material that comes down? GAH! But I know that you'll to know that I found one that fit comfortably (I'm not exactly sure what will happen if the girls get any bigger, how comfortable it might be) and that doesn't scare me.




And I finally know how to transfer my photos from my camera to my computer. Have to say, am loving my new phone. Just have to set up my vmail and I'm all set. So here's my Friday in pictures:


Unit 35A at the PLC




The fetal monitor


After the blood letting...

Lovely, aren't I?


My Lunch...

Poor, tired, Steven.

No comments:

Lilypie