Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Last Day of Work

Today would have been my last day of work if I hadn't been placed on bed-rest. Weird feeling actually.

I've been getting some high readings but have actually been feeling pretty good. Kind of anxious for the high numbers but I guess all-in-all I've been okay. I think Steven is getting more & more worried for me as the time goes by. I also think he's kind of excited that my mom is coming up, he's hoping the house will get cleaner. Cindy told me that my mom is packed up to come down. She won't be here until next Thursday night.
The nurse came by for a visit today and we did the fetal monitor. Learned something new, actually learned two things. First off, The Piglet has been hiccuping and what I thought were tiny movements were actually him hiccuping and then he thrashes about because he gets pretty irritated with the hiccups. It's sort of adorable. And then I learned that he had totally moved around again. He's still in the down position but if you thought I was lopsided before? Well, I'm totally off balance now. He's all tucked in on my right side. And no fricking wonder it hurts so much to lay on my left side. Actually I learned another thing. When he moves around there's actually ligaments, I guess down around the hip area/groin area that he's been hitting and causing me extreme pain. I was thinking perhaps it was a tiny bladder dance but I was wrong, I mean he's doing a bladder dance too but this ligament is a totally different kind of pain.

Yesterday we met Uncle Roy & Nancy for dinner at Joey Tomato. It was so wonderful to see family, makes me realize how much I miss my family. I mean talking to them is nice but seeing them is even better. So much has changed since I last saw my mom at Mother's Day.

You'll also be glad to know that yesterday we also purchased our car seat/stroller. So there. I was talking to Marilyn the other day about how I went out and got the nursing bra because I wanted to be prepared and she asked me about the car seat and of course at that point, we hadn't bought it yet. So I told her that yes indeed I wanted to be prepared for something just not EVERYTHING. But we think we're as ready as we're ever going to be. What else do we need? Just the baby. Oh, actually, we need to get the car seat/stroller out of the box and assembled and then actually learn to put it in the car. So I suppose, we're not actually ready yet.
I'm kind of excited. We're going to CATCH for dinner on Saturday night. Super yum.

No comments:

Lilypie