Saturday, June 9, 2007

Week 35

Okay, well technically I'm 34 weeks and 4 days. Apparently I've been using the wrong dates...again. I don't know why I can't remember this. Whatever, I've been using Saturday as the day to update and really with only a couple weeks left, why change now?
At more than 5lbs (he's probably more than 6lbs) and between 16-20", The Piglet is becoming more ready for birth with every passing hour. He's the size of a small roasting chicken. His nervous system and immune system are still maturing and he's adding the fat that he'll need to regulate his body temperature. But everything else, from his toenails to the hair on his head, is fully formed. If he were born now, he'd have more than a 99% chance of surviving. I'm just huge & my size is making me uncomfortable (ya think?). I'm carrying so much extra weight & fluid (oh my god the extra fluid) that simple things can be tiring. (like walking up or down the stairs to the bathroom).
- excerpt from: Great expectations : your all-in-one resource for pregnancy & childbirth by Jones, Sandy

No comments:

Lilypie