Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Angry

Don't call my house and try and guilt me into contributing to your charity. We donate money to certain charities every month, before I got pregnant I also donated my time. Why should I be made to feel bad because I choose our charitable contributions based on how they (the organization, disease, whatever...) affect us personally? Don't say I should still contribute to yours because then it takes away from the ones that we've chosen, the ones that I actually sat down and gave careful consideration to before putting them on my list. There are tons of charities that are deserving and yes, horrible horrible diseases that affect children; I realize all this. Don't talk over me or talk to me like I'm an idiot. I'm a responsible citizen who is well aware that it takes money to fund programs and to find a cure. But let me make my own informed decisions. Bullying someone to make a donation is no way to get money.

No comments:

Lilypie