Friday, April 20, 2007

You Win... For Now

So, my sister Dawna let me know that her friend's comments are far superior to Steven-isms. We'll call her The Friend to keep her anonymity....here's her story: "Anyway, This will make you giggle. You have Steven, I have The Friend. She's a great person, and if you don't like The Friend, then you just don't like anything. It would be like not liking Golden retreiver puppies. Any way, here's my story. Background info: last weekend I had this great ice cream at Sharon's. It was fancy, schmancy ice cream....it came in a tin, and it was expensive. The flavour was, POMEGRANATE and Dark Chocolate Chip. It was quite good. So of course on Monday I tell the girls at work about this wonderful POMEGRANATE ice cream. Later in the day the other girls tell me The Friend's been telling patients I've been eating POMERANIAN and dark chocolate chip ice cream. I'm asian and some asian cultures do eat dogs....more than a few eyebrows were raised.I love her, she's so funny, but such a dizz. Second story: I was telling The Friend my new place has only a small balcony so I'm only going to grow some herbs in pots this summer. A container garden would be do-able. She regularly refers to it as my "pot" garden. I wish she would use the word "container". We laugh alot over that one. So I am rapidly losing credibility at work. According to The Friend, I'm eating dogs and growing cannabis :) Welcome to my world."
Now, if only my other sister would tell her friend stories... she would win HANDS DOWN! (You know which friend I'm talking about!)

Apparently there are those of you out there that think that Steven & I are ill-prepared for the baby. Within the past 2 weeks there have been mutliple people who have expressed more than a little shock to learn that we haven't bought anything. Okay, we haven't bought anything yet, we haven't prepared the baby room yet. Personally we think we have time left, but to hear others speak, it's like we're running around ass backwards and oblivious. I have to disagree. We are one step closer. I just printed off a list of necessities and it's not like we haven't been LOOKING at things to get for the baby, we just haven't purchased anything yet. And before you think perhaps that we can't afford it, don't worry...we can, it's just that, well it's still over 2 months left and even if we bought all the stuff that we needed, where would we put it? We're not setting up the baby's room until next month, it's not like we have a huge house. Really, the more stuff that we get prior to baby, that just means, that much more clutter that I have to worry about. We're not irresponsible people or anything, we're not going to arrive at the hospital naked, without diapers, pads or a car seat.. c'mon, give us a little credit.

This week has been pretty difficult at work. I've been working long hours, running ragged, doing more than my normal job duties, not drinking enough and not eating well nor on time. Combine that with not sleeping well, a sick Riley and a husband working nights. I'm absolutely exhausted. I'm so glad that the weekend is here. I feel like I'm out of gas... although, heh... I suppose I should say out of steam because gas is a whole other thing that I was going to mention.

Yeh, so gas. For those of you who do not want to read about my bodily functions, well... skip to the next paragraph. And don't say I didn't warn you. One of the symptons of pregnancy is constipation and excess gas. (Dawna, I swear it's in the books. She's thinks that I'm blaming absolutely everything on being pregnant.) Constipation, not a problem with me... in fact, I'm pretty regular... well more than regular. HEY I WARNED YOU AT THE START. But just last week I was thinking that the gas thing wouldn't be a problem either. I'm actually less gassy.... well, let's re-phrase that to I WAS less gassy. The past couple days have been doozies, but really what can I do? Aside from not fart in the elevator and not in someone else's office. (great, now every single smell in the office will totally be blamed on me) It just sort of sneaks up on you. Like a ninja. The Ninja Farts.

Poor Riley was sick these past couple of days. Coming out both ends. Don't worry it's not the food, we've had these bags of food for awhile now. It seems to have worked it's way out of his system. Last night, Steven was up watching a movie (he's on nights but was off last night) and when he made a bag of popcorn, Rye came running down the stairs (this is huge. when I go to bed, Rye goes to bed and rarely ever moves from his bed until morning even if someone else is still awake) and sat with Steven while he ate the popcorn. He got a couple of kernels and as soon as the popcorn was finished, he left Steven and went back to bed. What a guy, he must be feeling better.

I may have joined Facebook tonight (Yes, Jeannie it was because of you). I just have to root around and find some people that I know. I just have to find the time to sit down and figure out how to do everything. Maybe some time this weekend. Another friend, Jen told me about it too. I was looking around a bit, but everyone seems so young.

Remind me to write about Michelle & Brian's wedding. It was a blast. AND it was on the news!

No comments:

Lilypie