Friday, April 6, 2007

Good Friday

I woke up all fuzzy-headed and a sore throat this morning. Watched some TV, did the dishes, ate, talked to Steven (he's working this weekend) and took a nap after lunch. So much for house cleaning and working on my course. It was a good nap. I would have slept much longer if the doorbell wouldn't have rang. Damn census taker. Scared the Bejesus out of Riley & I; both of us sleeping upstairs. And you know Riley, he runs straight for the bay window to voice his displeasure and ensure that the "intruder" is fully aware of his presence. He sat quietly behind me and stared at the census taker while I answered the questions. I love my big & scary dog.

The doctor's appointment was fairly uneventful. Got weighed (am doing well, not gaining too much), blood pressure is good, belly measurement is good. And this time I had the lady doctor...Dr. S. She was nice. When she heard that Steven hadn't heard the heartbeat yet, she moved the doppler around to get a "good one". And it was nice & clear, sounded just like galloping horses; none of that whoosh, whoosh noise. 150 beats.

I'm booked for my gestational diabetes testing for Tuesday morning. Not too keen about the bloodwork part; I've never been able to give up my blood easily. Even Blood Services told me not to return because they could never find a vein. Anyway, hopefully it won't be too painful, it usually takes a couple of pokes per arm to find a good vein.

It was Liz's last day yesterday. She's started her maternity leave. I'm going to miss her, the office won't be the same. It makes me sad. I cried on the way home. I can't imagine what the office will be like next week. I'm sure the new person, Heather will be fine, but she's not Liz. I told her we'd get together when I'm on mat leave and "compare" babies.

My right wrist has been bothering me all afternoon. I've been getting these shooting pains up my arm, originating from below the thumb area on the wrist and up my arm. That coupled with my existing neck, shoulder, arm, back pain on the right side is worrying me. How long will I be able to work on the computer? It's really hurting but not all the time, it's intermittent. Hmm, is that how it's spelled? Whatever. I'm too tired to look it up.

Cooked a ham for dinner tonight. Yum, ham & scalloped potatoes. It's a pretty big ham for just the 2 of us but we can eat it all weekend. And on Sunday, I'll be able to eat cheese so maybe I'll make a quiche.

Oh, this is kind of funny. We have these recliner chairs in the living room and yesterday, I got up to go to the kitchen and I thought the recliner was in the closed position but when I got up it opened and pushed me across the room. It was like it all happened in slow motion; it hit the back of my calves and as I was standing up the momentum pushed me onto the end of the sectional by the china cabinet and I fell onto the couch. I was laughing so hard, I looked back at Steven and he was trying not to laugh at me. I'm so clumsy sometimes. But it was seriously in slow-mo.
I watched Mr. Holland's Opus this afternoon. I cried thru nearly the entire movie. I don't remember it being quite so emotional; apparently the hormones have returned to my life. Great. Maybe I should give Steven a heads up. Heh, the advice that he gave the class last week to deal with all the hormonal change? "Learn how to blend into the couch". Well, he's done that quite well.

Happy Easter, everyone.


No comments:

Lilypie