Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter Sunday aka The Return of Cheese

That's right, I had a ham and CHEESE sandwich for lunch. Actually I had two. They were good.

It's such a nice day today. This afternoon, I had to run some eyedrops to Steven at his work. He's got some sort of eye infection, hopefully it clears up otherwise he'll have to go see the doctor Monday or Tuesday.

Last night we were watching this show on Animal Planet "When Good Pets Go Bad". This one segment was the funniest f'ing thing I have ever seen. I'm probably going to Hell for laughing so hard. But c'mon. This guy has a reindeer farm, and he looks like Santa Claus; one of his reindeer attacked him. But that's not the funny part. They did a "re-enactment" of the entire deadly attack. Poor frickin' reindeer. So, Santa (he is dressed in the whole she-bang) goes into the reindeer pen and in order for it to look like this poor reindeer is attacking him, Santa grabs this unsuspecting reindeer by the antlers and bends his poor head down and starts essentially wrestling with this animal, they're both on the ground the poor reindeer trying to struggle free and Santa not letting go, I'm pretty sure Santa was kicking him too. (I was laughing so hard, good thing that I didn't have to pee) But the show's voice-over was trying to impart how much of a life and death struggle this was, they had people running over to help pin the reindeer (which I might add, is NOT the attacking reindeer just some poor stand-in minding his own business) and they lasso his back legs and hogtie this poor guy. For dramatic effect they had fake blood on both Santa and the reindeer. Here's the kicker, the original reindeer that attacked Santa (for real) had a heart attack and died, so the next shot was of meat in a frying pan and those bastards had slaughtered the reindeer and ate him. It took me awhile to stop laughing last night.

I was going to write an Ode to Cheese but I just don't have the imagination right now. Maybe later.

Riley, from the roast beef's point of view:


No comments:

Lilypie