Saturday, April 14, 2007

Week 27

The Piglet weighs about 2 pounds and is about 12-15" long, about the size of a pot roast. If The Piglet was born now, he would have an excellent chance (85%) of surviving. He still isn't fully formed and would probably not be able to breath by himself. He would need to stay in an incubator to keep his body temperature regulated, and he would have a weak liver and immune system. Fact: babies have more taste buds at birth than they will have later in life. Newborns can sniff out & tell the difference between their mother's milk and someone elses. The weight of The Piglet is putting pressure on your back, which can cause shooting pains (sciata) in your lower back & legs; lifting, bending, & walking can make the pain worse. Warm baths, ice packs and changing positions may help. I may also have a hard time bending over & tying my shoes. My heart rate may increase, causing me to feel flush & look winded with less exertion.- excerpt from: Great expectations : your all-in-one resource for pregnancy & childbirth by Jones, Sandy

I'm toying with the idea of changing the url for this blog. I'm not sure if such an identifying url is the smartest thing in the world. If at a later date, you try and log on and it tells you that this blog does not exist, just email us and I'll let you know the new one.

We had chicken wings and beer last night. Well, some of us had beer and some of us had soda. Anyway, I'm thinking that wings are out of the question for me... for now at least. I was up quite late, and I was quite sick. Damn it. There goes the one of the last of the spicy things that I was able to enjoy. Oh, no... what if I'm not able to eat THE SOUP? Seriously, life might be over then. THE SOUP is this yummy goodness sold at the food court across from where I work. It's so good.

I just got prettied up this morning. Had my first pedicure of the season:


I'm going to Michelle & Brian's wedding this afternoon. I'm quite looking forward to it, seeing old friends and watching them finally make it legal (yeh, like I'm one to talk!). I'm hoping that I'll be able to be there for awhile but I've been so uncomfortable this past week that I may have to leave early and come home & lay down.

No comments:

Lilypie