Saturday, February 24, 2007

Week 20

Wow, 1/2 way there. It seems just like yesterday.

The Piglet is between 5 1/2 - 6 1/2" from crown to rump, and between 9-10" from head to toe. He weighs about 9 ounces (although, it's estimated that he actually weights about 1 pound... he's a porker). Over the next month, he'll gain about a pound. Right now, he is about the size of a mango. His permanent teeth are already starting to form behind his baby teeth. These permanent teeth won't be mature for several years. By this point, he can move his eyes, though not always in tandem. What were sweeping left-right motions last week are turning into eye rolls. Eyebrows have formed, and hair is beginning to form on his scalp. He's begun to produce vernix, a white creamy substance that protects his developing skin in utero. From this point on, he seems to be able to differentiate between mornings, afternoons, & nighttime and starts to become active at certain times more than others. He also has all of the neurons in his brain that he'll need.

-excerpt from: “Great Expectations: Your all-in-one resource for pregnancy & childbirth” by Sandy Jones

I wonder if it's too early to go to bed. I wonder if I go to sleep now, will I sleep thru the night?

Anyway, went to the Winter Club this morning. Our company is sponsoring the Special Olympics Provincial Curling Championships and Al threw out the first rock with Tom & Ryan sweeping for him. Crystal & I took pictures. It was pretty cool. Watched curling for awhile, chatted with some other people that were watching; then we went for lunch. I think I really need to eat lighter meals, more often because I just get this overly full feeling and general discomfort after I eat. I didn't even eat my entire lunch. Drove Crystal home, swung by the office, ran some errands and dropped into get my eyebrows done. I love those girls. Oh, and the best part? I wore my company golf shirt, thank goodness for stretchy material. I felt a bit like the Incredible Hulk, like any second I would burst out of the shirt and start turning green or something. Or maybe blue like Violet from Willy Wonka. Whatever, you get the point. I should have gotten the picture taken because you could really see The Buddha. Maybe if you rub it and make a wish, it will come true! Seriously tho', don't touch my tummy unless you ask first. Don't just swoop down on me, I don't like it. Although, I did ask Liz if I could poke her belly. Just to compare, I can't believe how hard The Buddha is getting. Well, hard under my top layer of fat, it's not like anything I thought it would be.

No comments:

Lilypie