Saturday, February 10, 2007

Week 18

The Piglet is about 5 - 5 1/2 inches long from top to tail and weighs a little more than 5 ounces, about the size of a lobster tail. While in earlier weeks, he may have been able to sense sound wth his primitive ear structures, this week, the bones of the ear become fully formed along with the part of his brain that processes signals from his ears. There's no evidence that playing music, language tapes, or any other sounds to him will make him a genius, but then again, it can't hurt! Studies have suggested that babies will remember sounds that they have heard in utero and that they have a preference for known sounds. So a song I play for him now may help soothe him to sleep after he's born. There's still plenty of room in my uterus, so he can be quite active with his new muscles. He may change positions frequently, cross his legs, recline, suck his thumb, and turn somersaults. His retinas have become light sensitive, and he may be able to detect a glow if we shine a bright light at my belly. (even though his eyelids are sealed)

-excerpt from: “Great Expectations: Your all-in-one resource for pregnancy & childbirth” by Sandy Jones

Not too much is going on today. It's cold, Steven took the truck to work again today not that I'm going anywhere. I have big plans today... BIG PLANS baby!

I am going to finish module 2. AND get at least 1/2 way thru module 3.
I am going to clean the bathroom.
I am going to do a couple of loads of laundry.
I am going to pack up some clothes in the spare room.

I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies on Thursday night... also found out that if we refrigerate them they become HARD like rocks. Steven toook some to work and offered some to his co-workers. I feel so bad, apparently one of them "almost lost his teeth" when he took a bite. Oops, talk about embarrassing. (is that how you spell that? y'know, one of those words I never spell right).

Also, at the end of our weekly business meeting Jen asked me if I was wearing a belly band (a handy-dandy tube like material that allows me to wear pre-pregnancy clothes) and I replied "yes, I am! My pants are unbuttoned right now." A bit awkward, but really I've worked with most everyone for 4 years so at this point not much I say surprises them.

We've been throwing some names about... I know, I don't want to hear your suggestions. Just for the record, names we will not be using: Brenda, Linda, Dwight...really, probably not much of surprise to those involved! And really, when I say WE've been throwing the names about... I mean I've been throwing some name selections to Steven. He's really only liked one name and guess what, it's already taken so rest assured we won't be naming the baby after the dog. Although, it would make calling them very easy!

No comments:

Lilypie