Saturday, February 17, 2007

Week 19

Can you believe it? 19 weeks pregnant. It's going by so fast.

I keep wanting to capture our feelings and images so I can never forget. It's simply amazing. For how blase we both are, we are enthralled with being pregnant, with the possiblity of a child, raising a baby to be a good person with morals and proper values. It can be daunting.

Anyway:

The Piglet is between 5-6" long and weighs about 7 ounces, about the size of an apple. If The Piglet is a girl, early ovaries contain follicles with forming eggs. Soon, half of the genetic material for our potential future grandchildren (!) will be formed. Pictures of babies at this age show them touching their own faces, reaching for the umbilical cord, pedaling their legs, and sucking their thumbs. He may already have a preference for the left or right hand. In the brain, areas of nerve cells that serve the senses of touch, taste, smell, sight and hearing are becoming specialized and are forming more complex connections. Loud sounds as well as any feelings I may have of stress or alarm may be communicated to the baby. He responds to these stresses by becoming more active.

-excerpt from: “Great Expectations: Your all-in-one resource for pregnancy & childbirth” by Sandy Jones

We went out for wings after work yesterday. Sitting there talking about random things, rather I was saying that we'll be great parents, it'll be hard but we'll survive and be okay. Then Steven laughs and says "right about now there will be this phrase underneath us saying six months later and we're disheveled, disoriented and frazzled saying well I thought we'd be okay". He's too funny.

Not much going on this Family Day long weekend. We're going (hopefully) to buy some shoes today, work boots for him and slip on dress shoes for me in a bigger size. Maybe a baby name book too. Oh, and I think we'll be going to Coco Brooks for either lunch or dinner. Apparently their pizza is to die for. Brenda & family are in town this weekend. Still hoping that there will be a trip to the Science Centre in our future. And haven't seen the Airdrie folk in a long time; I wonder how smart they are feeling.... it may be trivia time. Steven starts on night shift on Monday so I anticipate a nap over this weekend as well. (I love me some nap time!)

I was saying that I felt like a weeble-wobble this past week. My ass is getting a shelf. A SHELF. It's making me very sad. I was prepared for the front to pop out but not the back, I mean c'mon, my ass was already too big but it's getting bigger. Le sigh, whatever am I going to do? And really, if you're going to say "but you're growing another person in you, it's natural..." Just shut it right now, I don't want to hear it. It sucks to realize your ass looks huge and could be it's own little time zone.

We watched The Trail3r Park movie last night. Y'know, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. How's that for a review? I was gathering all my charitable donation receipts and trying to catch up on my current donations while I watched it so it wasn't that great because it wasn't holding my complete attention but it didn't make me want to leave the room. So I think that I'm just waiting for one more receipt and we should be able to start taxes, well at least my taxes. I think Steven's waiting for one.

No comments:

Lilypie