Friday, February 23, 2007

Gimme a P! Gimme a P!

What does it spell? PeePee!
That's right, we're having a boy.
Steven & I had our first ultrasound appointment on Wednesday morning. It was AMAZING. The Piglet was wriggling around, all squirmy, legs & arms everywhere. The technician was trying to find different parts of the body and he would move his head or move his arms to cover his head. Didn't want his picture taken, just like his father! Even up until I was laying on the table, we weren't exactly sure if we were going to find out The Piglet's sex. Because I didn't give okay to the technician, she wouldn't tell Steven one way or another. At one point Steven was watching the screen intently, and was questioning the technician but she wasn't answering. Finally I told her that it was okay, we'd like to know the sex. So the technician turns to Steven and says "that's the baby's arm". And she moves the wand to The Piglet's private parts and says "it's a boy, it's pretty obvious". And Steven response? "and what a boy!". But there's no mistaking the penis. Our son.
This ultrasound was the detailed one. She went over the body parts, organs, brain and did some measurements. Time-wise, I'm right on track give or take a day. According to measurements, The Piglet is 9" long and about 1 pound. And definitely a mover. I can't even describe the feeling of seeing our son. Of knowing that I have a person growing inside of me...INSIDE OF ME...A PERSON! I am in awe of this process. I feel so inconsequential when it comes right down to it, I mean.... wow. I can't wait until I can feel the baby moving.

No comments:

Lilypie