Sunday, December 31, 2006

no more truth...

So big thanks to Shawn & Marilyn for telling us the "real story". Nothin' like scaring us so early in the pregnancy. I knew that the hospital stay was short but I never realized it was so short. We're hoping for later in the day now. The McNeil's (all of them) are convinced that we are having a boy. I guess we'll see if Miss Libby is correct.
The Xmas vacation is almost over and I haven't accomplished most of what I wanted. I'm still super tired. I thought maybe I could catch up on some sleep this past week but I guess I was wrong. I've been sleeping in all week but haven't had a chance to nap at all. Although, if it wasn't for all this work I brought home, I could nap right now. When I woke up this morning, I felt like crap. I could have gone back to sleep.
I've been trying to teach myself to sleep on my side but I pile the pillows around me and a couple hours I wake up on my back, then I re-arrange the pillows and move to the other side and again, a couple hours later I wake up on my back. Marilyn says not to worry because when I get bigger I won't be able to sleep on my back and I'll just stay on my side. She also said that I shouldn't worry because really I would be so uncomfortable in any position that I will only be sleeping for a couple of hours at a stretch. Well, actually she said an hour. At that point, I asked her to stop talking to me.
I'm wondering if I'll be able to button my dress pants on Tuesday. I've been wearing stretch pants or pj pants all week, and frankly it's been awesome. A cornucopia of awesomeness. (must be said with Cape Breton accent)
Update: 659pm
Well, I slept from about 2 - 430pm. I still feel out of sorts. I've got a headache. Missed the visit from the McDonald family. They stopped by, I feel badly but I don't think that I could have sat up, awake & all that.
Sort of finished my work. I still need to input into the database but if push comes to shove I can do that on Tuesday. I want to drive into the office tomorrow and drop all this paper off so I won't have to break my back carrying it in on the train.
Am waiting for Steven to come home. He went to pick up Chinese food for supper. Yum. Then we'll watch The Polar Express. ROCK ON! Yeh, that's right, we're going to party like the rock stars that we are.

No comments:

Lilypie