Friday, December 1, 2006

The Sickness

Oh, Where do I start?
We went to Q Haute for our Xmas dinner on Thursday night. It was at 630pm and kind of a waste for me to go all the way back home and return so I stayed downtown. Worked a bit late, tried to calculate how to dodge the "appearance" of drinking scenario and talked with Liz who also stayed downtown. (more on that later)
We had virgin drinks. I had a virgin caesar much to the chagrin of the waiter who couldn't understand why I wasn't drinking. And I feel really bad but they told me it was only a difference of $1 but I had them mark it down as a real drink. Ah yes, so tricky I am.
I'm not sure exactly when it happened during the evening but I felt so ill. So very ill. I had to leave the table and I got sick but that didn't help. The room was so cold, we're talking cold to the bone kind of cold. And the soup wasn't tasting right nor was the texture doing it for me. And then my entree, beef tenderloin so good, so soft but after a couple bites I thought I was going to hurl again. The smells were absolutely killing me and again the taste & texture were freaking me out. Damn it, I couldn't even eat my yummy Tiramasu.
Tom was really kind, he kept on asking if I wanted to leave and that we could leave at any time to just let him know. We left right after dessert. Thank goodness he's got heated seats and he went to get his car and waited for me by the door AND he didn't even smoke when he drove me home. What a gentleman. I wonder if he senses something?
I sat in front of the heater when I got home, gave Steven a quite recap of the night, turned on the electric blanket and got ready for bed. The bed was nice & toasty but of course, I have to shut the blanket off before I get in. I was still super cold that 1/2 way thru the night I woke up and went to get the fuzzy warm blanket, cocooned myself in it and under the other blankets and went back to bed. Am I going to be cold this entire pregnancy?
I did learn a valuable lesson... don't have spicy (caesar) on an empty stomach and don't wait so long between eating. I ate dinner around 8pm.
Last night Steven picked me up at the train station (around 5pm) so we could price cameras for Dawna and we didn't get home until about 710pm. I was starting to feel the same way. The last time I had eaten was my orange around 2pm.

No comments:

Lilypie