Tuesday, December 5, 2006

I like bacon...

Monday December 4, 2006
8 weeks pregnant.
I am so tired. On Saturday I woke up early-ish (around 8am), watched all the TV shows that I’d taped throughout the week and then thought I would start to clean the house, went upstairs to lay down and woke up 2 hours later. Steven went out and I started cleaning. We watched Ice Age 2 and had dinner and chicken wings. Okay, not really liking the hot stuff anymore. Almost fell asleep during the movie. Then on Sunday, slept in a bit, took Rye out for a walk; home to rest.
We went to Russ' birthday party yesterday. So much fun. The kids were all dressing up and putting on a fashion show, it's much funnier once you realize that the girls were dressing up the boys. I love digital cameras. I laughed so much, they were telling so many stories about kids and school and homework. And Michelle & Jeff, were also married at The Elvis Chapel, I can't remember when... maybe 10 years ago? They had the fat, older Elvis. I like going to visit the McNeil's, the friends that are more like family. We need to plan to see the lights, not sure if we'll have time before Christmas, probably not.
Tuesday December 5, 2006
We were watching TV the other day and cruised past the Food Network, there was this guy frying up bacon and that's all we heard... "I like bacon"... but it was in this weird voice, sort of like the voice we imagine that Riley has. So that's been our catch phrase lately.
Still exhausted.
Last night I rushed home from work, saw Steven, ate dinner and headed over to the Food Bank Depot. Not as difficult as I imagined. Not sure how I managed to stay awake. I feel badly, everyone thinks that I’m still so sick but I’m not really, just can’t manage to get enough sleep. And I just get annoyed over everything, it’s taking a lot out of me to be friendly lately.
It's only 754pm and I'm trying to stay awake until at least 830pm otherwise I'm scared that I'll just wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to fall back asleep. Although, maybe on Friday I'll test that theory out and go to bed at 7pm.
Plus I'm still freezing. It's not just the house, which granted is always cold but I'm colder than normal. Usually my fat acts quite nicely as insulation but lately, man oh man I just cannot get warm enough.
Tomorrow we're going Christmas shopping right after work. I already got Cindy a gc from Patti, the card stamping person/saleslady/Dawna's old friend and I'm going to get my parents a gc from Safeway and we bought the camera for Dawna, which I totally lied about. It's a nicer camera than ours...hmm. So we need to send Helen some cash, buy gifts for the McNeil's and I need to buy my work Secret Santa gift. Hopefully I can find it again. It's a coffee mug that says "Everyone is entitled to my opinion". It's for Tom and I think it's perfect. I just need to find something extra to put in it. Kelly said she'd help me if I couldn't find it because she's going to hit Southcentre & Chinook later this week. I had plans to do my Christmas letter/poem but I just can't seem to stay awake to do it. I guess I'll have to try during my lunch hour tomorrow since I have no other alternative but to stay awake. Heaven forbid I fall asleep at work, I'd never wake up in time to go home! I was toying with the idea of postponing the Christmas letter/poem until the first week of January and using that to announce the pregnancy to most everybody. I'll throw the idea by Steven and see what he thinks. I hope he calls soon so I can go to bed.

No comments:

Lilypie