Saturday, January 6, 2007

Week 13

The Piglet is 2 1/2 to 3 inches long, and weighs about one ounce. He is shorter than a finger, and his face is already showing individual features and characteristics. His ears are now developed enough that he may be able to hear when you sing, hum or talk. (DISCLAIMER: WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE SEX OF THE BABY IS, I AM JUST USING "HE" BECAUSE IT IS EASIER)

-excerpt from: “Great Expectations: Your all-in-one resource for pregnancy & childbirth” by Sandy Jones

Not too much going on a la Casa de Deagle. Bought my first actual maternity pants (3 pairs) yesterday. Trippy, but man oh man are they ever comfortable. Sort of weird not having a zipper... or a button. They're all a little too big so I'm a little worried that they may fall down if I suddenly run for the train or something. Although, I wore the jeans today and by the end they were sagging quite a bit but not falling down. I tried on some nice sweater/blouse combos, but there was this really nice one but man, the neck hole was really tight. I could barely get my head thru (NO big head jokes, you KNOW who I am looking at, yah that's right.. YOU) and once I got my head thru, it fit a little large but not large enough, I couldn't imagine it lasting more than a couple of months. Went to Once Upon a Child this afternoon and got some maternity tops and a couple of books. The standard, "What to Expect..." and the "Mother of All Pregnancy Books". I've already read the 2nd one, I borrowed it from the library. I liked it because it is the Canadian edition and it's a little more appropriate.

We went to Miss Libby's 5th birthday party this afternoon. The usual suspects were in attendance. She's such a cutie pie. As always, we had fun when we visit them.

Brenda called this week, I swear she's more excited than my family. She called to tell me that she bought some baby clothes... and she wanted Dwight to bring them up to us this week. Good thing he said no because odds are that I will misplace them between now and July! She's so funny. Talking to her definitely brightened my night. Steven was working so it was just me, Riley & the TV.

I am very proud to announce that I received 100% as my final grade for Financial Accounting - Intro. I am definitely a Nerd-in-Training. I'm hoping to complete two more courses before the baby is born.

I asked Steven if he wanted to read the blog and he said no, he was living it. But I might get him to write some entries. Right now he's upstairs watching Kenny vs. Spenny. I can hear him laughing. (update: apparently one of them just got arrested... the tall skinny one, we're not sure which one is which)

I should probably sit down and write out a list of things that we need to do before the baby is born. That and a list of things to buy before the baby is born. Right now the top things on my list are clean my clothes out of the spare room and clean the tupperware cupboard so we can get a built-in dishwasher. Oh my gosh, we need a dishwasher.

No comments:

Lilypie