Saturday, January 13, 2007

Englesh

I had to complete a form when I signed up for my class. Misspelling English is probably not a good sign.
Week 14: I am in my second trimester. The Piglet weighs about 1 1/2 ounces now and is about 3-4 inches long - about the size of your fist. Her face continues to look more human, with individual characteristics becoming more pronounced all the time. Teeth have formed in her gums. Her skin is very thin. Hair is growing on her head and eyebrows and may even have pigment in it if she has the genes for dark hair. (and we all know the answer is yes, she will have dark hair). Her bone marrow has begun to produce blood cells. She rarely sits still. She's often wriggling fingers and toes; stretching, yawning and hiccupping. However, I won't be able to feel the movements for another month or so. And according to another book, this past week The Piglet lost his tail. Obscure tidbit for y'all.
mar·i·time –adjective
1.connected with the sea in relation to navigation, shipping, etc.
2.of or pertaining to the sea: maritime resources.
3.bordering on the sea: maritime provinces.
4.living near or in the sea: maritime plants.
5.characteristic of a sailor; nautical: maritime clothing.
This is one of the things perplexing Steven lately. If this is the meaning of Maritime, then why isn't Newfoundland/Labrador considered one of the Maritime provinces? Personally, I thought they were but maybe someone else can answer this for us. AND, if by following the above definition, then why isn't California, or for that matter the West Coast, ever called the maritimes? It's definitely more prevalent for the East.
Again, not too much happening here. The car is acting funny, the heater isn't working working that well. Poor Steven, sometimes he has heat and sometimes he doesn't. We'll probably take it in sometime this week. And then our upstairs toilet was not flushing properly, but apparently only for me. Now before you think that I have these massive, well y'knows or I'm using an incredible amount of toilet paper, I'm most definitely NOT. It just wasn't flushing for me. So I would complain and Steven would try and it would be normal and he said he wouldn't see anything wrong. So I'm thinking he's an idiot and he's thinking I'm a moron... that lasted a couple of days. I'm happy to report, it's now flushing properly for me. Apparently just one of those things.
I'm registered for my second course. Hopefully starting next Monday. I'm hoping to zoom thru this course. Cross your fingers for me!
Well, I should probably go and do some laundry and clean up this disaster area that we call home.
Everyone wave and congratulate Dawna (my sister), she moved into her new condo this past week, at least I think she's there. Unfortunately their phone service sounds alot like T3lus; they told her she'd be connected last week but she's still not, so... I hope your home, safe & sound!

No comments:

Lilypie