Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Baby Sampler

I was looking at patterns while I was at home over Christmas. Cindy had a bunch of them. I'm not sure what I want. Originally I wasn't looking for any particular characters, simply baby themed ones but then I started thinking something along the Sally Brown line... with perhaps Snoopy (Sally because of Uncle Roy and Snoopy because of my beloved stuffed Snoopy, which I think I still have). Then after Steven suggested The Piglet name, perhaps Winnie the Pooh. Either way, I'll have to figure something out and let Cindy know so she can fit it in with the other 10 million projects that she has.
Speaking of... we were at my parent's house and she (Cindy) had made this absolutely beautiful cross-stitch (needlepoint?) (I don't actually know the difference) detailed stockings for Steven & I a couple years ago, we were allowed to bring them back here with us. Well, she made ones for down home too. I have one. Cindy has one. Dawna has a red sock with white fluffy trim without her name (but at least it's homemade!). Steven doesn't have one at all. I'm surprised she didn't make Riley one.
I was "chatting" with my friend Stacey and she was asking me about symptons and cravings and what-not. I haven't had any cravings. My symptons are fairly standard but where is my glowing skin? WHERE? I thought pregnant women were supposed to glow. Not have bags under their eyes and be all lethargic. If anything, I think I'm getting more yellow. bah.
Oh yeah, We're on Week 12. Actually we're 1/2 way thru week 12. Which depending on what you read is the end of the first Trimester or I've also read that week 14 is the end.
According to the Chinese Gender Chart (which as legend has it, was buried in a royal tomb over 700 years ago) I am going to have a girl. According to Miss Libby and family, I'm going to have a boy. This weekend we're going to ask the kids what they think we should name the baby. Get ready for names like Dora and maybe Scooby. We'll see.
And as much as I'm spouting about Chinese things, bear in mind that I'm Japanese. I'll have to google to see if there's any kind of random baby myths that I can believe in.

1 comment:

Jen & Casey said...

So, the whole time you were at work "sick" (since, like, September) that was fake? All the huffing around? I'd say that was Oscar worthy! I was convinced that you were on your way to a serious case of depression! You had all the "related" symptons... I am so glad that it was "The Piglet" instead.

Lilypie