Saturday, March 24, 2007

Week 24

The Piglet weighs a little over a pound and is about 8 1/2" long - the size of a banana. His skin becomes less translucent as pigment is deposited, and it looks wrinkly because his body is making his skin more quickly than it makes the fat to pad underneath it. His unique foot & hand prints are forming. I may feel jumps as he has bouts of hiccups. In fact, it may seem like he is in perpetual motion. Some babies now kick in response to sounds & touch from outside the womb.
-excerpt from: “Great Expectations: Your all-in-one resource for pregnancy & childbirth” by Sandy Jones

I'm sitting here pantless (again, because it's much more comfortable plus I just woke up), trying to remember what's happened in the past week. I'm also running out of time because I need to get ready for the bridal shower and it takes so long to do my hair properly; plus I need to look up the directions.

Last Saturday we did go to the infamous muffin place, unfortunately Steven's dreams were dashed because they no longer carried the apple cinnamon muffins that he craved. It's amazing what changes in 10+ years! So we had brunch instead because it turned into a little restaurant. Then over to the Mall to hit The Gap (which upset me but I will not get into), Old Navy and Thyme.

Old Navy - It's like they're trying to run an amusement park. "Look everyone! Look how FUN we are over at Old Navy! Fun! Fun! FUN!" They had an okay selection, nothing particularly work appropriate. I bought a pair of casual pants, a tank top, and 2 summer tops. Oh my gosh, most of their pants were the low-rise ones. I'm sorry, I didn't wear them before I got pregnant, I'm certainly NOT wearing them afterwards. The pants had the belly panel in the front and then were 1/2 way down my ass. I am obviously not their target market!

Thyme - Loved it. Similar to Motherhood up by me. Much more work appropriate and more age appropriate for me. More expensive but really, at this point, I just want to wear something nice. Got 2 pairs of work pants, and 2 tops. Very happy.

Thanks Mom!

Then over to Pat's to have cake. Holy smokes, the cake probably could have fed 100 people. Derek, her son, works at the Carriage House and he helped make it. It was so good but incredibly funny since it was so big!

And then, rush rush rush back home so we could meet Shawn & Marilyn at The Keg for 6pm. Y'know, their food isn't that great considering their service is incredibly slow. I don't know why we go back there. Then over to Sunridge for a movie. A MOVIE! I'm so happy that Steven wanted to go. We saw Wild Hogs. I laughed & laughed. It was a perfect night. I wish we could do it more often. Although, I AM amazed that I wasn't overly tired when we drove home; I didn't even take a nap!

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not able to take another course after I finish the one I'm currently registered in. I had no idea that just being pregnant would be so utterly draining. And this was the easier of the two courses! Originally I wanted to take both at once, I'm pretty sure that would have sent me to the crazy house! Now I'm wondering if I'll be able to take a course while I'm at home with the baby....maybe not. GAH! How do other people do it? They work all day at a more physically demanding job (maybe cashier standing all day) and then they are also students while they are pregnant. They are definitely super women.

And speaking of standing, I am so not looking forward to it. My ankles, ah screw it, my entire body is bloated and the skin is stretching and I feel all funny. Anybody know how to alleviate this? I wonder if I'll be able to fit into my shoes? I want to wear my wedding ring to the shower, none of those girls have seen it. I wonder if I get it on, will I be able to get it off?

No comments:

Lilypie