Saturday, March 17, 2007

Week 23

The Piglet weighs in at about a pound (according to the book), and at 8" long. He is starting to look like a baby! You can compare his size to a box of sugar or a bag of coffee beans. His skin is filling out as the first layers of fat are deposited and his muscles grow. During the next month, his weight may almost double.

-excerpt from: “Great Expectations: Your all-in-one resource for pregnancy & childbirth” by Sandy Jones

The Piglet has been moving around alot more lately. Last night I couldn't sleep so, I lay in bed feeling him roll, kick and jump around. My shoulder, upper back and upper arm are absolutely killing me; combination of working on the computer and laying on my side to sleep, sometimes it feels like my arm is going to fall off.

I'm not going to lie to you. It's been a rough week; I'm not sure why but I'm completely drained and it's wiping me out. I know you all come here to laugh and be updated about us & The Pig, so I won't get into it all. Just know that I'm hanging on.

I'm up & about, Steven's drinking his coffee, it looks really nice outside and I think that we'll be going out for muffins soon. Down on Macleod Trail, near where Steven used to live. Then (cross your fingers!) we'll be going to the mall to look for some pants for me. I'm getting quite tired of wearing the same 2 pairs to work, and I don't find the belly band that comfortable for long periods so I'm not going to wear my pre-pregnancy pants anymore. Pat (Happy Birthday!!!) invited us for coffee & cake this afternoon, but I guess it will all depend on how I feel when that time rolls around since we're already going out with Shawn & Marilyn for dinner and hopefully, a movie or some music afterward. It will be a late night for me and I'm not sure if I'll need a nap or not. Once again, we forgot to make Pat her birthday card. Between her & my sister, Cindy, they make the most kick-ass cards. Whatever happened to my creativity?

No comments:

Lilypie