Saturday, March 3, 2007

Week 21

He weighs about 10 1/2 ounces (according to the books) and his length from head to rump is 7", about the length of a spoon. 10 1/2 ounces is also the size of bear cubs when they are born. The Piglet has begun his main project for the rest of the pregnancy, putting on weight. He regularly drinks amniotic fluid for hydration & nutrition, urinates in the fluid, and breathes it in & out. Fortunately the fluid pool is constantly changing and refreshing itself every 3 hours. His eyebrows & eyelids are fully developed. Taste buds are forming on his tongue. His eyelids are still sealed, but his eyes are active.

-excerpt from: “Great Expectations: Your all-in-one resource for pregnancy & childbirth” by Sandy Jones

So Dr. Steven has decided that I need to drink more milk and eat nuts; he feels that hopefully by doing so, The Piglet won't be allergic to them. Cross your fingers! Peanut butter has been making me sick, so I've been eating nuts...bleh, not my favorite thing to eat. But thankfully the dairy is okay. For those that don't know, I am lactose intolerant; dairy & I have not really ever gotten along. But since I've been pregnant, I find that I can drink a couple of glasses of milk and not bloat or have the other consequences and let me tell you that is BIG! A glass of milk used to knock me down. If have ice cream or cheesecake or cream based sauces, I have the lactaid tablets, a lifesaver!!!

I went shopping this morning. My goals? To buy a new purse, more pj pants and maybe some casual work/play clothes. What did I get? 2 pairs of pj pants, a cardigan and a dress. I bought the dress because I have 3 weddings to attend. One is mid-April for Michelle & Brian (this is why I was originally looking for the casual clothes), one is Aug 18 for Sandra & Carson and one is Aug 25 for Nolan & Leanne. I'm assuming that post-baby, I'll still be fairly large so, the dress will be a perfect fit, plus it's just so darn cute. I can also wear it to work when it gets nicer out. Frankly, it makes me feel pretty and right now, not alot actually does.

You know, I really need those extra pj pants. I'm sitting here pant-less right now, yup, is your mind burning with that awful visual now? Good. I've been doing that alot lately. It's just more comfortable. I only have 2 pairs of pj pants that still fit and when they get dirty, well, I don't have anymore....until today. Hopefully they fit, they're not maternity pants but they are XL so I think they should fit.

I wonder how much bigger my stomach will get.

No comments:

Lilypie