Saturday, March 10, 2007

Week 22

The Piglet is about 7 1/2" from crown to rump & weighs between 13-16 ounces; about the size of a grapefruit. The Piglet is entering his 5th month of existence. His fingernails are almost fully grown, and his organ systems are becoming more functional & specialized. He has a distinct pair of lips, ad his first canines and molars are developing from hard tissue below his gum line. He looks like a miniature newborn. Blood is travelling through the umbilical cord at four miles an hour, fueling his growth with oxygen & nutrients.
- excerpt from: Great expectations : your all-in-one resource for pregnancy & childbirth by Jones, Sandy

I went to a 7th Day Adventist church service today (side note: I'm not of that faith), then I ran some errands. I had to exchange work boots for Steven at Deerfoot Mall and I was talking to the store manager:
Manager: When's the big day?
Me: What are you talking about?
Manager: stuttering "umm, well, never mind"
Me: maniacal laughter.."hahahaha. July 16"
I'm so funny!!!

Speaking of, my due date is actually July 15 not the 16th like I've been spouting off but I figure really, it's only an estimate anyway so I'm off by a day.
And I also went shopping for pants, fyi: being short & pregnant kind of sucks. Petite maternity pants are few and far between! Anyway, the 3 racks of mat clothes at Wal-Mart had much to be desired. I'm huge, like I really want THAT many designs on my shirt. What the hell is up with all the strings to tie into a big bow, am I six years old? And I just figured out the elastic in the waistband. Did you know on some of the maternity pants, there's this hidden elastic band with buttonholes on the inside of the waistband. You can pull the elastic out to fasten the button and make the waist smaller or bigger. Yeh, I just realized that this afternoon. But that's not the best part... I bought a pair of tan capris for one dollar. ONE DOLLAR. HAH, try and beat that one Kelly!

No comments:

Lilypie