Friday, March 23, 2007

Riley Appleseed

Crystal (a co-worker) was nice enough to invite Steven over to play golf on the simulator in her building. Oh My Gosh, was he ever excited. I'm pretty sure that he's trying to scheme a way to move in with her, God help her! Anyway, when we came home Thursday night, we found the huge bag of apples (the ones from Costco) on the floor. The plastic torn apart and a couple of apples scattered with teeth marks in them. The floor was sticky and Riley's kitchen pillow was wet and goobery. I'm not even sure how many apples he ate, more than 3; I don't even know how many were in the bag... I think it may be closer to 5 or 6 apples that he ate. Well, maybe we'll get some apple trees in the backyard. And then Steven woke me up last night/this morning at 4am to tell me that he was picturing Riley eating the apple goodness and what possibly was going thru Riley's head as he was eating the forbidden fruit. At least I'm not cleaning up exploding apple poop, I'm quite thankful for that!

I had the day off today. We went out for breakfast & ran some errands. Got a "stand-in" wedding ring. Had to put the Hearts of Fire ring in a safe place before the skin started growing over it. Just bought an inexpensive faux silver band. Good enough for a couple of months. But mark today on your calendar! Today is the day that my ankles officially disappeared and blended in with my calves. I was walking out of the jewellery store and looked down; told Steven to look at my ankles and he quips "Where are they?". They are so freaking swollen that it's scary. I heard about swelling and I thought that I was experiencing it before but man oh man, that was nothin'. My skin feels all funny from the swelling, like a balloon stretching thin or something. I feel like Violet Beauregarde except I'm not turning blue. (a Willy Wonka reference, in case you were wondering) When we got home around lunch time, Steven went back to bed (he's on nights) and I read my comic books (!) and then I fell asleep on the living room floor for about an hour. That's probably why my arm hurts so much right now.

Speaking of comic books, we have a bunch to give to McKenzie the next time that you're in town.

Steven suggested Regis and/or Rudy for names to me this morning. I asked him if he was serious and he yelled at me (like Regis yells) "What, what's wrong with Regis" It was funny, maybe you had to be there. I absolutely loathe Regis. I also hate the movie Rudy. (Steven loves the movie and loves watching Regis and Kelly). I think Rudy is a big ass whiner. He thinks Regis Rudy is a perfect name. Hahaha. We'll see.

Tomorrow is Michelle's bridal shower. I'm so excited to see everyone, I can't wait. Too bad I look like a bloated cow but what are ya going to do? It'll be so much fun.

Steven's car was at the mechanics again, Sunday and we picked it up on Thursday afternoon. Taking the bus sucks sometimes. I don't mind the train that much, but somehow the bus just pisses me off more. Twice now, I've asked for a seat because no-one stood up. Yesterday I stood in front of these 3 mid-20's girls on the train on the way home and they were completely oblivious until I was getting off and I heard them say "she's pregnant". Good, I hope they felt bad and it makes them more aware next time. I could have asked but I just didn't feel up to being a bitch about it.

No comments:

Lilypie