Sunday, May 6, 2007

She's Makin' a List & Checkin' it Twice...

So, you'll be happy to note that I went shopping yesterday. Brenda (Steven's sister) and Erin (Brenda's stepdaughter) came over and took me out. I feel badly that I dragged them all over for me but I am forever grateful for their help and company! You'll never know how much it meant that they took me out. I had a list from the Consumer Reports; it was Baby Essentials List. I think I got most of what I needed. We (Steven & I) just need to go get the stroller/car seat, play pen, and the thing to go on top of the dresser so I can use it as a change table. I'm not sure if we'll be using a bassinet or not. Steven wants The Piglet to stay in his own room but I guess we'll see after he comes home. He's also not a big believer in the pacifier but if you can see in the picture, I bought two. Although, I don't have strong feelings about it either way. Again, I guess we'll see. It may all change after The Piglet comes home.


Brenda brought up the crib, thermometer and bought us the monitor. (Steven is totally hoping to pick up telephone conversations in the neighborhood!)

And she also brought up the clothes that she's been buying for us:


And here are the clothes that I bought yesterday:

I had alot of fun. I can't speak for the other two girls but I had a blast. I can't belive Erin knew so much more than I did about baby gear etc... she said she wasn't too sure how she knew this stuff. I think we were shopping for about 5 hours. My fecankles were completely swollen and sore when I got home last night. And Oh.My.Gosh, my crotch was so sore. I've come to the conclusion that the area is sore because of the weight of The Buddha and The Piglet. Until I can figure out otherwise, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Went to bed fairly early last night but again, was up every 2 1/2 - 3 hours to hobble to the bathroom to pee and change sleeping positions.
 
My big plans today are: sleep in until I wake up (830am), not to leave the house if I can help it, update the blog, tidy up the spare room, finish 2 exercise sections of my homework and relax.

Last night we were laying in bed and I was commenting on how much The Piglet was moving around and then Steven laid his hand on The Buddha and the movement stopped. He called me a liar and then he said "Hey Piglet, give me a big kick. Let me feel it" and The Piglet DID! It was the funniest thing ever.
 
Here's a picture of me from the middle of April (the day of Michelle's wedding):


No comments:

Lilypie