Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

We went to Banff this weekend. My mom came up on Friday (with Cindy but she stayed at Pat's) and watched Riley while Steven & I had our little getaway. AND it was also our 11 year anniversary of our first date.. how romantic, no?

We didn't do too much in Banff, had our spa day on Saturday (2.5 hrs EACH) and I got to swim and be weightless for awhile, Steven totally took advantage of the hot tub/pool and steam room. We had a great dinner at The Keg. We met Oliver and Adam on Saturday for drinks (at the Banff Springs) and then dinner (at Earl's). Lovely time. Ollie, maybe we'll go to the Saltlik next time!

And today... Steven got me, well The Piglet got me the best Mother's Day card ever. I cried...alot. In fact I'm crying right now thinking about it. I swear, I think my heart is going to burst.

Came home and spent some time with my mom. Can't say what we got her because Steven's mom got the same thing and it's on its way to her. (yes, I mailed it a bit late.... sue me, I totally forgot. But in my defence, I've been forgetting ALOT of things)

My mom brought up a big bag of baby stuff that they've been accumulating and some of the receiving blankets that she's been making me. She's making me that and burp cloths. We went thru all that stuff and all the stuff that I got when I went shopping with Brenda and Erin last weekend. I think that I'm well prepared with the soaps, lotions, onesies, face cloths, little tiny scissors, brush, comb, thermometer, that nose unplugger thing etc... I think we need the big stuff now. Steven & I will hit the stores coming up soon. And we're going to pick out some paint colors this week sometime.

Oh, and because so many people have been asking. Yes, I am having a baby shower but it's going to be in Lethbridge. Probably sometime in August when Dawna comes back to town. We'll see.

This is my first Mother's Day and it was excellent.

No comments:

Lilypie