Monday, May 28, 2007

Insert Exciting Title Here

So, Steven cleaned out the spare room (mostly) and he's cleaning the mattress before we wrap it up and store it. Then I think I've changed my mind about the baby animals etc for the "theme". Too much trouble right now. I've got my sister & Glenda looking for letters that we can paint and hang up in the room. ABC and 123 and The Piglet's name. Not sure how all those letters are going to look hanging up on the wall. We may shorten his name or something. Sort of have paint colors picked out. Was going to strip our dresser, paint it and put it in the baby's room but I'm not too sure if we have enough time anymore (okay, I KNOW we should have done this sooner, but really who knew this was going to happen).

The nurses came by Sat & Sun. My blood pressure is better than before but in my delusion, I thought that yes, there was a chance it could get back to normal. Yeh, not so much. I had my ultrasound appointment this morning, more on that later. But I also saw Dr. S this morning. Apparently my blood pressure is as good as it's going to get (this morning it was 139/94 and this afternoon it was 122/84) until after The Piglet is born. And here's the big news... I will not go to full term. I will be induced before then. My blood pressure will continually be monitored and either that or baby distress will decide on when The Piglet will be born. The goal is to get past 37 weeks and possibly deliver then or around then. But as per Dr. S I will not make it to 40 weeks or beyond. They don't feel that my health or The Piglet's health will make it that long. Huh, way more serious than I thought. But really, I feel great. Being at home and not at work is actually quite relaxing. Sure there's absolutely nothing on TV and you can only spend so much time on the Internet... I finished my book, I fell asleep in the recliner. I stared out the front window at the kids playing across the street. It was actually okay and not quite as boring as I anticipated. OH, and I took care of Riley... I'll tell you more later. The Ultrasound. Was good. The Piglet is either in the 75 percentile or above the 75 percentile, not sure which phrase. Anyway, he's 6lbs. Don't you think that sounds kind of big considering I'm 33 weeks? He's moved and his head is down. The heartbeat is good, the movements are good... it's all good on that front. Steven said The Piglet's his son. He's stubborn and bullheaded. He'll be okay. I'm also allowed to do a bit more. Not alot more but I can drive to/from my appointments, I can go to my last Childbirth class tomorrow night and I only have to have ultrasounds every other week. I told you not much more but it's a bit.

Now for Riley. After my appointments, I came home to the most foul stench possible. I opened the back door and it just hit me like a ton of bricks. He had broken thru the barricade to the living room and I just prayed that he didn't do anything in there... all clear. I checked the kitchen.. all clear, the spare room (baby room) door was open (and I thought I had shut it), thankfully all clear... then I turned to the bathroom... AARRRGGGHHH. Exploding poop. Again. Most of it (BIG steaming lump) was on my bath mat. My nice white weave bath mat which is now in the garbage. So, I hunkered down and cleaned the bathroom. You have to admit, it is kind of nice that he did use the right room and didn't hit the carpet at all, it was all contained in the bathroom. Maybe we can teach him to use the toilet. Good thing I didn't work today because it consisted of letting him out and wiping his ass and fur on his ass. Oh the humanity of it all! My poor doggie has absolutely no dignity left.

Oh yeah, my landline phone is working now. I called Shaw and they fixed it. Not sure what was wrong.

No comments:

Lilypie