Monday, May 7, 2007

Got Yer' 3D Glasses?

We had our ultrasound appointment at UC Baby this morning. Pretty cool. We got some jpegs and a DVD of our session. The Piglet is sitting breech right now and his head is leaning into the placenta so they couldn't really get any good profile shots. His little body is bent and his legs and feet are up by his head, the tech said that maybe he was tall like his dad (one can only hope) because it looks like he's got my chipmunk-like cheeks. But really, what baby doesn't have fat cheeks? Hopefully he'll slim out and not have them like me. (I know, Shawn, you'll be disappointed if you can't grab his cheeks too)

But, ta-da.... Here's The Piglet:






Tonight we went to the Northhill Diner for dinner to celebrate the anniversary of our first date. It'll be 11 years on Saturday. Wow... ELEVEN years. It doesn't seem quite that long but when you actually SAY 11 years, it seems like a long time. Y'know what tho'? It just keeps getting better and better. But that's me talking, Steven could have an entirely different take on the subject.

My sister, Dawna, sent me my first Mother's Day card. I cried.

Tonight I also noted that I'm starting to walk like Fat Albert does. You know "hey, hey, hey, it's FAAAATTTT Albert". Anyway, he kind of struts but his arms swing back & forth? Yeh, that's me. The arm swinging definitely gets the momentum going and makes it that much easier to waddle down the street.

So, my maternity leave... starting this week I'm not working Fridays anymore. And my last official working day is Wednesday June 20. I am very very excited but very very stressed at getting all my shit together at work to make the smoothest transition possible for the people covering my position during my absence. I know I will forget things. I know I will worry while I'm gone (at least until the baby is born) but I need this time. I covet the time prior to baby coming so I can maybe get my mind in the right place and not be pulled in a dozen different directions. (is covet the correct term? whatever, you know what I mean)

RETRACTION: so, Kelly didn't mean anything by the canteloupe remark pertaining to MY head, she was referring to what would be passing thru my hoo-hoo. Then she started laughing and saying watermelon. Anyway, she's probably the only one not referring to the size of my head. My family and Steven make fun about my Charlie Brown-esque size head all the time. And frankly, it is kind of big for the size of me. We can only hope he's got a Deagle size bean.

AND yes, we do have a name picked out (sort of). And NO, you can't know what it is. We've been going back & forth but we've narrowed it down a bit. We want something to be a surprise and something to be "just ours". Besides, don't you LIKE Jebediah Vegas? Besides, we've got over 2 months left and a couple hundred more names to consider.

No comments:

Lilypie