Friday, May 18, 2007

The Fashion Police

Holy crap. Marilyn dropped off 3 bags of baby clothes for us on Wednesday. I'm pretty sure that we're covered for the first couple of months! Her friend Amy's son is 3 months old and gave us tons (TONS!) of clothes. I've been going thru them these past couple of days and it is literally boggling my imagination. There are some clothes with the tags still on them. All of them are in great condition, I swear they look like they've never been worn. I'm simply amazed at the kindess of others. And Alana called earlier this week to find out if we still want her baby stuff. I still need to call her but I've been forgetting to get her number from Steven.

We went out last night to the paint stores, fully intending to pick out some colors and accessories and whatnot. Did you know that SEARS doesn't carry that stuff? We looked and asked and it wasn't anywhere in the store. The next paint store wasn't there anymore and the third one closed at 530pm. Bah. We've gone to Home Depot & Rona but there wasn't much of a selection for the decals etc... that I'm thinking that I want on the walls. I went to Wal-Mart (and remembered how much I HATE HATE HATE that store) and they didn't have anything either. But I did pick up some new clothes. I just picked up some plus size clothes, way cheaper than maternity. And a foot bath but I need to return it and get the one with the jets, I bought the wrong one. Darn.

I love that I didn't work today. I went shopping, for my pedicure (simply wonderful in the massage chair with the foot bath!), grocery shopping and then home to... well, sit and relax. It was heaven. I put my feet up, read a magazine and thought about stuff. And I love it. I also love that work didn't invade my brain. Normally it would, what I need to finish, what needs to be done, what I need to do when I return, but oddly enough I'm already distancing myself from my job. It's important to me but not as important right now. I think my focus is finally changing.

Ed came to town this afternoon. He was going to stay here but because Steven is working nights, I don't think he wants to sit and entertain me when he could be staying at another friend's house and be drinking with them. (bastard) I TOLD him that he could massage my feet but apparently he thought I was joking....as if. I do not joke about my feet anymore. Speaking of, I bought some flip flops this morning. Ask me what size. Go ahead, ask me.

SIZE TEN. F'ing 10. The hell? But they were $7 and are very comfortable.

We babysat Miss Libby this past Wednesday. We were joking that we'd use her tiny little hands to clean the eaves trough and the dryer lint chute. Okay, half joking. Steven was doing yard work and oh my gosh, she totally wanted to help him. I swear, it was her idea. And then she kept on trying to re-plant the dandelions that Steven was picking. She's so adorable. The Riley dog was absolutely incredible with her. She was grabbing his tail, sniffing his bum (not sure why), poking his nose, giving him hugs and hanging on him. He took it all in stride. She would sit next to him as he laid down and was grabbing his feet and playing with his pads (both front and back paws), normally he would flinch and kick but he simply laid on his pillow and looked at me with "that look". don't worry, I asked her to stop playing with his feet but the point is, Riley was a prince! The only time he "freaked out" was when she was bouncing on a ball, bounced off and fell onto him. He jumped up and skitted away. But they were best buds a couple minutes later. I was so impressed with the furbaby.

No comments:

Lilypie