Tuesday, September 20, 2011

More Vacation

Poor Gnomes...no longer innocent.

Bye Bye Cape Breton.

Drive from Nova Scotia to the Confederation Bridge.  We decided to drive the Sunset Trail.  It was nice, it wasn't as long as I thought it was going to be.  Kind of anti-climatic, there's absolutely no sign when you leave NS for NB.  It took us awhile before we realized that yes, indeed we were in NB.

Confederation Bridge.  Only worthwhile if you are in a high vehicle.  If you're in a car, you can't see over the side at all. 

PEI cottage
I have to say that these cottages were definitely nicer than the one in Cape Breton.  However, PEI is not nearly as nice.  The scenery isn't as nice, the people aren't as friendly.  It's VERY, VERY touristy.  And I know, I went to a tourist destination but it was TACKY touristy not charming toursity.  Oh well, I got my Anne-fix, so I'm good for my lifetime.
Anne of Green Gables Museum.
PEI was my choice. 
Most of the things that we did in Cape Breton was Steven's choice so I was in charge in PEI. 
After I did laundry, I went off on my quest for Anne.
And of course, I got lost.  Well, lost may be a strong word.  How about misguided?
I missed the turn-off.  I drove all the way to Kensington.  I knew I was too far but I couldn't figure out how exactly I had missed the turn.  I'm still not sure. 

So, I turned around (after wasting about 45 minutes) and drove back in the same direction.
It rained on me but I didn't care.  I was so excited.
SO EXCITED.
I went to the museum and then the birthplace of Lucy Maud Montgomery.

CRAZY EYES, she's back!

Drive around Prince Edward Island National Park.

North Rustico (or maybe near North Rustico)

Charlottetown.
We walked around downtown on the Historic Walk.

Province House
The birthplace of Confederation and the seat of Prince Edward Island's provincial legislature since 1847, Province House National Historic Site stands as a landmark in Charlottetown.

Yes, John is taking a picture of himself.

And here's John's pic.




After Charlottetown.
John wanted to go to the pool.  It was cold.

Ice Cream from the Boardwalk.

Avonlea Village.
Whoop!  More ANNE!

Raspberry Cordial, not what I expected at all.
Steven & John, troopers.  I don't think they liked the village as much as me.
We bought some Cows ice cream.  Not that great.  John picked the blue one, mama.  The blue one.
And then he ended up eating my strawberry sorbet.   You know, the non-dairy treat.  Yeh, mine.
Hay ride
I really regret not going to see the Anne performance. 
I'm kicking myself for not driving to Summerside.

I am surprised that I didn't break into song & dance here. 
I might have if there weren't so many other people there.
Steven wanted to have All You Can Eat Mussels.  So we treked to North Rustico to this ridiculous buffet.

You take pictures on my camera?
Really?
Me.  The one with the public blog.
Rookie mistake, man.  Rookie mistake.

1 comment:

tlconnick@shaw.ca said...

awww Dawna - this one might come back to bite you!! but it is still awesome.. glad you all had a great trip!

Lilypie