Thursday, September 15, 2011

Meet The Teacher!

Today was Meet The Teacher day at preschool.

I'm not sure who was more excited, me or John.  He's been asking us every day since we've been home from vacation if he was going to school and every day we tell him not yet.  Keep in mind that we've been home since mid-August....  And last night I was telling him that we were going to school this afternoon so we could see the classroom and meet the teachers.  He was hoping that he'd have the same teacher as last year's ABC class.

He's in the green room.  We walked into class and he saw his little friend from last year.  And then he saw Miss Tanya.  His face lit up and his eyes were shiny and in his excited high-pitched voice he calls out "HI".  For that split second I thought that perhaps he might have the same teacher.  But no, she's in the purple room.  John was a little disappointed.

I am so excited.  He starts school on Monday.  You better believe that I'm going to be taking alot of pictures.  I'm a bit disappointed in myself though.  I brought the camera but I forgot it in the car so I don't have any pictures from today.  And BTW, there were a couple other moms with cameras so obviously I'm not the only crazy one.

I love this place.  There's a pool.  There's a skating rink.  There's a jungle gym.  There's a library.  And apparently there's field trips.  They'll be going bowling.  You bet your sweet ass I'll be taking the day off work to volunteer for that one.

He's growing up so fast.  Preschool.  One day I'm going to blink and he's going to be in university.

No comments:

Lilypie