Thursday, April 14, 2011

Puppet Show

I am forever trying to compensate for the fact that I am gone all day. Could you imagine the shit I would subject myself to if we had John in daycare? Good God!

Anyhoo.

I don't know if you have the same problem but I am constantly losing socks in the laundry. As a result, I have a basket full of single socks. Periodically I drag the basket out and match socks while watching TV. Then I had a wonderful idea.

A crafty wonderful idea.

Sock Puppets!
OMG, they even have curly hair. Don't you love them?
And then, we had a puppet show for dad.
Elmo and Teddy Bear (not seen) joined us on stage.

Sadly, John is a bit too short for this puppet theatre.
TaDa!
Too short :(
Next up, we'll build our own puppet theatre.
He has so much fun.

Don't get me wrong, there's lots of nights when we sit around and watch TV. I just don't blog about those nights.

I could if you want me to be more real. Like tonight. After dinner John & I ate smarties in the living room and watched "Just For Laughs" with Steven. And then John played an Elmo game on my laptop while Steven laid on the couch watching TV and I read a book.

See, not always crafts and fun at our house.

Oh yeah, and after I put John to bed, I came downstairs, laid on the couch and fell asleep until Steven scared the crap out of me when he yelled at something on TV.

Laugh a minute, aren't we?

No comments:

Lilypie