Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Nine Months Old (a little late)


John is 9 months old (and a bit). These past couple weeks have been amazing. He can move from a laying position to a sitting position, he can also pull himself into a standing position! (we're both a little scared about that now) He likes to clap his hands and he laughs & laughs. John will give the thumbs up but only to Aunt Jeanine. (we think it's because of the high pitched french accented voice)


He's quite demanding too. If he wants more yogurt he'll cry or shut his mouth to any other food until he gets what he wants. We're trying not to cave in everytime so he won't get spoiled but sometimes it's just easier to give in. He knows what likes. He likes the Alphabet Beef but does not like the Alphabet Beef, Spaghetti and Vegetable. He loves yogurt. He loves fruit. He LOVES toast (brown, thank you very much!). He's not that thrilled with his cereal but he'll eat it.


He still thinks that Riley is the best toy EVER. Just having him look in John's direction will result in giggles and hand clapping. And I think Riley is the best dog/fur brother ever. He's so gentle and patient. I mean, I can leave John with Riley while I run to the pub for beer & wings and everything is fine when I return.


I look at his smiling face and I melt. I hear his laugh and it makes me cry. Even his tears make me wistful. He has this habit of sticking his bottom lip out when he's about to cry but now he also sticks it out when he's trying very, very hard. For example, when he's trying to pull himself up he will concentrate and stick his bottom lip out. It's the cutest thing ever. I mean, really... I must have the cutest baby in the world. Seriously.



No comments:

Lilypie