Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I Yam What I Yam




We had our 6 month doctor appointment yesterday. He's 16lbs, 4oz and 28 inches long. I really thought that he had gained more weight than that.

John has his own library card now too. Which, btw, I think is absolutely ridiculous but apparently in order to register for Baby Storytime, he had to have his own card. At least it was free. I'm sort of excited. It's only 3 times but it's story time at the library! How cool is that? There's two potential problems. One is the time. It's at 1015am which is smack dab in naptime and two, how am I going to be able to get out of the house in time???? I foresee myself wearing ball caps and showering the evening prior.

AND we've registered for swimming. Again, I'm very excited but again there is a potential time problem. It's at 5pm. Which is dinner time. And on a lesser scale, cranky time. But this was the earliest time that swim was offered.

I'm trying to think of something that's not quite so boring but I'm drawing a blank. We haven't done anything and while Steven has said some doozy things, I just haven't been able to write them down or remember them. And man, some of them were DOOZIES!!!!

I could spout off about how crap the Debbie Tr*vis floor lamps were. We've bought and returned two lamps (same lamps, two different stores) for the same problem. The threads of the lamp pole were stripped. What a pain in the ass and poor quality products. Our old lamp died before Christmas. We've been sitting in the dark for almost a month now.

Still having sleep issues with John. But right now there's not much that we can do. It's not that I'm lazy (well, I AM) but that we have vaccinations coming on Monday. There's no sense starting something now and have to re-start it after the shots. Plus he's still a little congested. Steven ended up sleeping with the baby on the floor in the baby's room last night for almost 4 hours. According to him, it almost took him 4 more hours to get up OFF the floor too. (been there, done that)

No comments:

Lilypie