Saturday, October 20, 2007

Oh Happy Day!

I rummaged through all my bags of clothes in the crawl space tonight and pulled out all my pre-pregnancy pants (and assorted tops/sweaters). And yipee, they fit. Granted there's a bit more pooch in my belly now but the pants fit. Now I just have to lose more weight so my PRE-pre-pregnancy pants fit. You know what I'm talking about. As if no-one else has various sizes in their closet. So now I don't have to spend money on pants that will hopefully be too big on me by Christmas. (cross my fingers!)

My mom & sister, Cindy are up this weekend. They are worshipping and adoring the baby. Oh & Riley too. So Steven and I ran some errands today. We went to pick up a playpen, a bumble chair (which I'll take a picture of the baby sitting), went to visit the McN3il's (and we got a nice picture drawn by Miss Libby for the Baby Bean).

I'm torn. My hair is super, super long. It's too long to really style (not that I do anything with it) but it's really heavy. After I shower, I towel dry and then put it up in either a bun or a ponytail. Lately when I brush/comb it, clumps and clumps of hair comes out. I'm told this is perfectly normal post-pregnancy behaviour. But frankly this is worrying me. What if I go bald? That's reason #1 to not get a haircut. My reason #2 is I think I want to see how long it takes before I can sit on my hair. (stupid reason, I know. But I have so little to entertain me). I was thinking about getting it cut at the end and donating the hair. My other sister Dawna does that. I guess we'll see. It's not like I have to do my hair every day or anything right now.

This week we'll be going to get our flu vaccines. Apparently breastfeeding women and their households are in the higher risk category. Hrmph, who knew! And I guess last winter, I was actually supposed to get the vaccine too because prenant women are in the high risk category. Anyway, I hope that it doesn't affect me too much because really, that's just about the last thing that I need.

What else? JT & I went to the movies last Monday. I like going. It gets me out of the house, I get to have an actual reason to get dressed. I may actually talk to another adult (which btw, I did! Shannon & Cynthia were there)

Oh my gosh, you should see all the stuff that Cindy bought for JT on her excursion to the states on the long weekend. What a spoiled little boy. Such super cute outfits. Between her & Barb, I just don't know!

I was going thru his closet the other day and sigh, I had to pull out a whole bunch of stuff. They're just too small. It makes me so sad to realize that he's growing. I remember thinking that those tiny little clothes are so small, and those newborn diapers are so tiny but he just barely fit into them. And now, he's 14.12 pounds and 24 inches. (we went to weigh him last Wednesday) He's wearing 6mth sleepers. My little guy is growing so fast. He's totally talking up a storm too. It's funny, I wonder what he's thinking about when he's babbling on. And he's started sucking on his hands, not his thumbs but his hands. He's laughing more. And like clockwork, around 630pm he'll start crying. It's his "witching hour". The past couple of nights he's been going down in his crib around 11pm and sleeping thru until 9am. We've tried to put him to bed earlier but he's having NONE of that. Even though he's sleeping at around 930pm, he'll wake up screaming if it's before 11pm and you try and put him in his crib. One morning, Steven even had to wake him up.

No comments:

Lilypie