Thursday, October 11, 2007

Existence

After weeks of thinking that JT's birth certificate would automatically be sent to us, I discovered that no, I have to apply for it. Wow, you'd think after all this time that I'd stop assuming things! So we finally received the birth certificate(s) in the mail and today I went to get a SIN for him. I was also going to do my name change and get a replacement card but of course, I forgot to bring my documentation so I'll have to wait in the Service Center hell another day. I was 14 when I got my SIN... JT is 3 mths old. I told him that he had to get a job now. He's thinking about it. And in case you're wondering, you need to have a SIN to get an RESP started. I'm set to do that next week sometime. I don't want to do everything all in one day!

We went to my parent's on Saturday & Sunday. Let me tell you, it was totally cramped in the SUV. The golf clubs were strapped in the front seat, JT & I were in the back seat and Rye was in the back. Good thing we only had a duffel bag, the diaper bag and JT's bag... anything else and I'd probably have to ride up top. We really need a minivan.


On Friday night, we went to Jeanine & Patrick's for a baby get together. There were 3 couples and babies. It was alot of fun and once again, I forgot to take any pictures. Damn it.


Gymboree was fun, during tummy time the instructor blew bubbles and they floated around and JT was mesmorized by them (well, for a short while anyway). And they were tiny bubbles... (feel free to sing or hum the song), he's turning his head to track the puppet while we play and well, I'm glad we're in the class. It teaches both him and me alot of interesting stuff.


Also, regarding an earlier post about signing for babies... I guess I need to clear up some confusion. JT's hearing is perfectly fine (knock on wood) (although with his father's genes, you never know), I just was interested in the signing class because you hear/see all these stories about babies that can communicate their wants/needs thru signing way before talking skills are there. Plus, you know I'm totally a yuppie mom in disguise.


Poor Steven is sick. He's got this pretty bad cold. He's trying so hard not to infect me or the baby. I don't know what I'd do if either of us got sick... well, we get through it but I'd really prefer not to.

Cindy went to the States with some friends and bought a bunch of stuff for JT. Glenda bought him a hallowe'en costume. He's going to be a pirate. I'm just wondering if he'll look like an extra member of the Village People. (haha) He's going to be the best dressed kid in the 'hood.

No comments:

Lilypie