Saturday, October 13, 2007

15 Weeks... Mat Leave Over

No picture today, I've decided to just have monthly updates so you'll be able to see more of a difference. He is 15 weeks today and the maternity leave is over and the 37 week parental leave kicks in. Not that I'm going back to work anytime soon or anything but I just thought that it was a significant day.

JT has his SIN and is still contemplating getting a job. According to Dawna, since he's got such tiny little hands and fingers, he could probably do some intricate work. I figure he could crank out wallets or purses for some big chain. I have to wait until Steven's on days before I can make an appointment at the bank to open JT's RESP; it would just be easier if I was able to go alone to set it up.

We had our first playdate with a new mommy's group. It was awkward, it was interesting, it was weird. I mean sitting on the floor in a room with 6 other women and the only thing in common is the fact that we can all reproduce. Is this how I have to make friends now? Is this the biggest criteria? "Hey, I have a womb too... wanna hang out?" Gah.

Also went to a community garage sale and picked up a bunch of sleepers and winter time clothes. I hope they still fit when it starts getting cold. I can't remember how many things I got but I only spent $36 and that includes an Osh Kosh fuzzy outerwear sleeper and a support the troops magnet!

No comments:

Lilypie