Friday, May 20, 2011

What Would You Do?

Whenever I watch the Primetime show "What Would You Do". I mean it really makes me think about my actions. I like to live by the quote "A true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching".

But when it comes down to it, do I really live by those words?

What about a homeless man laying on the sidewalk? Should I stop and bend down and see if he was okay? What if he isn't? What does that say about my character?

What about a lady crying? I like to think that it is because I don't want to intrude, but would it kill me to politely ask if she's okay?

I like to think that when it matters I would step up. But would I? Or would I avert my eyes and not want to get involved?

I know Steven would be one of the first people to step up and get involved, but would I?

I'm not sure if I would. I'd like to think I would but I just don't know. I just don't know.

Sure I'm nice. I'm a good person but would I put myself out there? When it would inconvenience me or put me outside of my comfort zone, would I?

Silence is one of the failures of our generation. Should we be silent or stand up for what we believe in? At what cost?


No comments:

Lilypie