Thursday, May 26, 2011

To Dream a Little Dream

Conversations with John are interesting, to say the least.  Tonight at dinner time we were talking and he asked me what my dream was last night. 
Actually, I didn't really understand what he initally said so it was a bit of a guessing game.  But finally I figured out he was talking about dreams.

Dreams.  He's 3 years old and asking me what my dream was.

I asked him about his dream.  He said he liked his dream.  It was a big, big, big long dream, mama.

Interesting, no?

How does he even understand the concept of dreams?  And how does he understand that other people also have dreams?  Sometimes his thought process boggles the mind.

I tried to ask him more questions about his dream but he was off and running on a different topic.  It's tough to keep up with him considering he talks in John-isms.  I try to understand everything he says.  It's alot of charades and hand gestures on his part.  He's really smart that way. 

No comments:

Lilypie