Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

So, I was wondering what would happen on Mother's Day this year. I was hoping that instead of a depressing day, it would be more of a celebration and less of a mind fuck dwelling on "what ifs" and "what might have been".

It's good. It's getting so much better.

John's been in a weekly class and man, do they ever jam alot of stuff into the one hour. He comes home with stories and stuff every week. He chatters on and on about his "teachy" and the kids and cleaning up and the crafts. There's always something.

Something.

And I always talk about his day while we eat supper. So on the Thursday before Mother's Day I asked him what he did in class. He leaned far over and made eye contact with Steven in the living room. I couldn't see Steven but apparently there was some sort of soundless conversation between the two of them because after a long, long pause John looked at me and said "nothing". Personally I thought it was mighty shifty but I was surprised that John could keep a secret.

Of course with Mother's Day I thought FOR SURE I would get something handmade.


Jump forward to Sunday morning. We are laying in bed and I hear John running back and forth and I was going to get up and out of bed. Then Steven mutters to me: "Pretend you're sleeping".

I hear muffled voices..."John...blah...John" "blah blah blah mother's day" "come here.."

And I hear John's precious voice "Happy Mother's Day".




A bookmark. How perfect for me!

Look very, very closely. It's a drawing of us. In Yellow crayon.
I told John that I was so happy and I'd take the card and drawing to work and display it for everyone. And I was excited to use my new bookmark.

He said "No mama." "Mine."

So while he made them for Mother's Day and showed them to me, what apparently I didn't understand was that these things were actually his and are not allowed to leave the house. Good to know.

No comments:

Lilypie