Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New York Part III

Grand Central Station, I never knew how amazing it was. The pictures do not do it justice. This building is absolutely amazing, a work of art.
When you walk in, it is almost overwhelming. I'm glad that we went on a Sunday so that it was really quiet.
We were on our way to FAO Schwarz. Do you know how dorky we are? So we get off the subway and it's starting to rain. I'm trying to read my map and orient myself to the neighborhood. We walk. It's quiet, we're not too far away. Then Steven sees a crowd of people in the distance. We get excited. Maybe we'll see a celebrity. And then we turn the corner and lo and behold, it was a crowd of people waiting for FAO Schwarz to open. Didn't even dawn on me that the store would open later on a Sunday. DUH!
Don't you love it?
SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Do you know how many kids I pushed out of the way to get here?
Just kidding...sort of.
But we didn't go into the store. No time. :(
Even though Steven had already seen it, we went to Rockefeller Centre. I have to say that it's not exactly what I thought it was.
Wishing. Hoping. Realizing that I'm way too cheap to buy a purse that expensive.
I am the one who saw the building, not Steven.
He was more interested in this building across the street.
Back to St. Patrick's Cathedral. Very humbling experience.
We went on Sunday during mass. Yup, that's right... mass.
Worship my holiness.
Elevators in the hotel.
Central Park, I love tourist stuff. Again, if I ever go back, this is definitely worth at least 2 days. I can't believe that such a large section of the city is green space. It just seems so luxurious. You couldn't even hear the traffic when you were in the park. You could lose yourself. And after looking at the maps, I've come to the conclusion that I probably would lose myself.

I wish that we had the top down on the carriage. It made it really difficult to see anything but it was a great ride.



After the carriage ride, we walked around the park. I wish that we had more time.
Right in the middle of the city.


Fifth Avenue


Last day. The walk back to the hotel from lunch in Hells Kitchen.

Airport. Going Home.


No comments:

Lilypie