Saturday, January 15, 2011

Consumerism at its Worst AKA Christmas - Part I

Sorry for the delay but I've been waiting for Cindy's pictures so I could post about Christmas.

It's embarrassing, really. The excess. The over materialism.

But I try and brush aside the guilt and enjoy the purity of John's pleasure. Try being the operative word. Next year, we should adopt this plan: for every gift that we buy John, we are donating the equivalent. That should ease the guilt a bit.

And then you know what? I am a good person. I refuse to feel guilty about trying to give John things that we were never able to have when we were growing up.

I think next year I'm going to try and put the tree downstairs.
It's too crowded in the front room.
Poor Riley.
The things that we do to him.

I asked if Cindy could bring our stockings up. Aren't they beautiful? Cindy did all the cross-stitch on them and my mom sewed the stockings. John's stocking is the far right.

Getting marshmallows to put in Santa's (aka HoHo) hot chocolate.
And then did I mention that someone drank it on me?
Not sure what emotion that he's going for here...
HoHo jammies. I like the tradition.
I buy him HoHo jammies that he wears on Christmas eve.

John came down on Christmas morning and saw that HoHo had ate the cookies.
And the reindeer had eaten the carrots.
As you can see, he was shocked.
And he had to check the hot chocolate too.
Steven got to open presents with John because shaky hands (Steven) can't hold the camcorder.
Hug, headlock...same thing.

No comments:

Lilypie