Thursday, April 23, 2009

I know, I can't believe that I'm posting again already! But I'm sitting in front of the computer still, having just finished filing our taxes. Bah. I started this...when did I start the taxes? Monday maybe? It seems so long ago but it was the night that John cried & cried after he went down in his crib for bedtime. He screamed and cried. And cried and screamed. Until finally I went upstairs just in case something was actually wrong. Nope. All was well, in the physical sense of the word. But all was not well in John world. He glommed (shaddup, it's a word in my head) onto me like a tiny little monkey and wouldn't let go. He stopped crying and we laid down in the big bed in the big bedroom. He was happy as a clam, poking me in the eyes and shoving his fingers up my nose and giving me eskimo kisses (or as my PC sister says "Inuit Kisses") and generally being a playful cute little boy. He would not sleep. He would not shut his eyes. He would not be still. So we went back to his bedroom and he went in his crib and I sat in the rocking chair and we read one of the Little House on the Prairie books (thank you very much, these are books from MY childhood). He cried and cried. And then he stopped and fell to the crib and laid down. Seemingly asleep, until I stopped talking. And then he started up again. Le sigh.

Finally Steven took him and laid down with him while I went back to the taxes. But by this time, I had a raging headache and came up to bed at 11pm. Guess who was still up and about and crying? Both of them. Kidding. Sort of. John grabbed onto me and we sat up in bed and rocked. But heaven forbid if I tried to lay down with him. So it made me think that perhaps he had an ear infection or something. Around 11:45pm Steven took John and put him in his crib and we ignored his cries. Brutal, I know. But he fell asleep in about 10 minutes. Poor guy was so exhausted and over-tired. He cried out again about 1:30am. So between my tax induced headache and a toddler related lack of sleep syndrome, needless to say I was a wreck the next day.

Turns out that he did not have an ear infection. He was just a cranky pants.

I know, who looks at this face and thinks "cranky-pants"?

Taking a running start at me.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. He just started eating apples by himself.


I am still the most adorable baby...even if I am a cranky-pants.

No comments:

Lilypie