Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Easter Bunny - Part One

The Easter Bunny visited John while we were at Cindy's house. Hrmph. I originally typed my parent's house but sadly that's not true anymore. It's bizarre to say Cindy's house. But I digress.

I wasn't going to hide eggs for John. Actually I wasn't going to buy him a bunny or anything but then I felt a little bad like he was going to be permanently damaged if Mr. E. Bunny did not visit him this year. So on Friday night I popped out to Safeway and picked up some stuff. After John went down, we hid the eggs and I had my doubts that he'd understand but Dawna assured me that he would once he found the first one. Apparently she's totally on his wave length, because rest assured once he found that first one, it was a hunt to find the rest.

And stupid me, I let him find them first thing in the morning. And the eggs were filled with the mini eggs. Duh. So after that it was a race, to grab the chocolate, re-fill the eggs with cheerios and then replace them in his basket.




And another reason that John and Dawna are on the same wave length. On the drive down John was eating his cheerio snacks (these are BIG in our household), and Dawna turned around and John had shoved a cheerio up his nose. The O was 1/2 way out and he was so proud of himself. She was very proud of her nephew.

No comments:

Lilypie