Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fun with Dick & Jane

I guess I never mentioned that Dawna came to visit on the Thursday before Easter. We drove down to hometown and visited dad. Stayed at Cindy's house and cleaned out mom's clothes. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. And that's all I have to say about that.

I wish I had my camera when we went to visit dad, we went for a walk and over to the park. John went down the slide with Dawna (thank you very much and my light colored pants also thank you!). First time down the slide! The park is right behind dad's cottage.

Did I also mention that Cindy was sicker than a DOG? And that by the time the weekend was over, so were Dawna, John and I? Yup. Typhoid Mary struck again, I'm looking directly at YOU, Cindy! I think I'm finally getting better, although my nose/sinuses are still acting up.

When we came back on Sunday, I made Dawna and Steven help me label envelopes for work. I had my own little sweat shop happening!

Then on Monday, we went to the zoo.

This is snack time and right after diaper change. (for John, in case you were wondering)


It's simply amazing how the peacocks are wandering all over the place.
We were feeding this one trail mix. FYI: they don't like dried apples, at least this one didn't.

John noticing that Steven is across the path, taking pictures of us.

John, trying to make his escape.
Beyond caring that the peacock is mere feet in front of him.

But of course, there's always time to pose for a picture.
Doesn't it look like Dawna is some random stranger on the
next bench trying to get in on the picture?

Such a happy little guy. So happy to be walking free.


And this is what happens when you let your husband walk behind you.
He takes pictures of your fat ass while you struggle with wrangling a toddler into the chariot.

Leaving the zoo.
A "not so happy" John, no longer walking free but trapped in his chariot.
Such a sad life he leads!

No comments:

Lilypie