Friday, November 30, 2007

Five Months Old




John is 5 months old today. He smiles more and laughs more. We have our own little routine most days. He's still not sleeping thru the night (gone are the 11pm - 9am sleeps!); and he's usually waking up multiple times per night. We'll get thru it though, or rather I'll get thru it, bitching and grouching the entire time. His explosive farts still make me laugh and shake my head in amazement that someone so tiny could fart so loud. It's funniest when he's nursing and these tiny little farts will come pffft and lingering and staccato like a machine gun. He'll be crying and wailing and carrying on like there's no tomorrow and then he'll look at you and smile and laugh and your heart will melt. He likes to stand if you support him. He can also sit up if he's supported. He hasn't rolled over again so I'm apt to think that the first one was a fluke and he was probably just off-balance. He likes to watch Riley, so sometimes I'll make Riley sit or lay down near him. He kicks his legs with such power that I'm afraid he'll bruise his poor little feet when he bangs them on the ground. I look at him and every day he just looks more and more like a little person and less like my little baby boy.



He loves his Jolly Jumper. If you ever come over, make sure you see him in action... it's hilarious. But someone has to be watching him or he gets quite upset, I usually make Riley lay near him so John thinks he has a captive audience.








No comments:

Lilypie