Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Story, cont'd

When we last left our heroine, she was fighting off her attackers..
(cue scary music)
(cue lightnining bolt and thunder)
oh wait, my bad... wrong story...
You know, I'm not sure what time it was. I know when we were transferred into the birthing room it was about 3am. So I was having my contractions and rocking back & forth and Steven said he was trying to stay away from the spray of fluids with each movement. (poor guy) I also had no clue whether my contractions were getting closer together or whether we were making any progress. I do know that they wanted me to rock back and forth because the baby was facing the wrong way and we wanted him to turn around to get ready for the birth canal. My doctor was on call on Saturday and he had previously predicted that I would see him after I gave birth. I called him a liar when he came to visit me.
I also chose to get an epidural. Although, it was recommended since my high blood pressure was a concern. And here's where it starts to get a little fuzzy. Steven went to get some breakfast while they got me ready for the epidural. And afterwards, I remember not feeling anything while they assured me that I was still having contractions I remember thinking that my labour stopped completely. I did fall asleep off & on. And parts of the story are filled in with what Steven has told me.
...oh John's crying...

No comments:

Lilypie