Wednesday, July 18, 2007

More of The Story

I've been racking my brain trying to remember exactly what happened... but I just can't. I simply don't know parts of it.
Anyway, after the epidural it was all over for me. Sure I got to rest but my labour didn't progress as swiftly (or rather...at all) as they had liked. I never got more than 4-5 cm dilated and the Baby didn't move positions. I had been in labour for more than 14 hours when Dr. S came to check on me and told me that I was going to have to have a c-section. At this point Steven had gone home to shower, change and get something to eat. So I called him to tell him to come back because they were going to prep me for the c-section within the hour. I guess I was really the only one who thought that a natural delivery was a viable option. Way back around when they admitted me, Steven was advised of the fact that c-section was a strong possiblity and during my labour he overheard the doctor voicing concerns about me hemorrhaging and that I'd probably have to have a c-section.
Okay, if you thought we were unprepared for this birth, then oh my gosh you have NO idea how unprepared I was for the thought of having surgery. I remember thinking about my prenatal class and how they walked us through "what if" you have a c-section. I still have some unresolved feelings towards this procedure. I'm not sure how to categorize it so for right now, we'll leave my feelings out of it.
...oh John's crying again...

No comments:

Lilypie