Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New Year's Eve

I know, I know I'm only 3 months behind...wait almost 4 months.  Oops.  Better late than never?  No, you don't agree?  Well tough.

I was pretty excited to buy the sparkling wine for our New Year's Eve, I thought John would be excited by the treat.

I think the anticipation is the best part.

I mean, look at it.  Great color.  Interesting bottle.

Yeah, didn't go quite as well as I had thought.

Not well at all.
Hilarious, yes.  Great, no.
I think the bubbles freaked  him out.

And finally here's the wrap up from last year.

My BS List from 2011: 
I will start an exercise regimen And holy shit, I actually did this!  But sadly, around August I stopped. :(
I will lose weight. I will lose 15 pounds. ( I know I need to lose more but c'mon if I was going to be actual, then that would make me cry and if I was going to be realistic, then I would have said I will lose 2 pounds) Again, holy shit, I lost more than 15 pounds....but then I gained it all back :((( 
I will be a nicer person. I will think before I speak I'm not sure if I was any nicer but I did try my best.  I really did try to put myself in the other person's shoes.  I think I also got shit on alot for not standing up for myself.  I let myself get walked on a bit.
I will continue to read non-fiction I am really enjoying this one 
I will continue to learn new things I've taken some new software classes for work and really enjoyed these new skills 
I will be less judgemental. I will remember that things aren't always how they seem.  I think this also falls under the be nicer one.  I do try my best.  I'm sure that others may disagree but I have really tried to be nicer 
I will clean the pool table. (please GOD help me with this one)  Yeah, this didn't happen at all.  If anything there's more shit on the table 
I will increase the savings account by 1/4 What I didn't take into account was that we'd be using one of the savings account when we went on vacation so I guess technically this one was a massive failure.  But realistically it was a success since one of the savings account was for the vacation anyway! 
I will create a budget  I really need to do this 
I will try one creative thing/project this year I'm not sure if it counts but I did do alot of ads at work and I used the new software.  Very exciting. 
I will style my hair at least 4 times this year I have no idea if I did this.  Most likely not but I did chop off my hair at the end of the year so I am forced to do a bit more with my hair now.
I will start writing again  I have started paper journalling again.  Oh, and did I mention that I helped write two articles for work?  Well actually one in 2011 and one in 2012.  Both articles have been published in an industry magazine.
My BS list for 2012:

I will organize my photos
I will accelerate the pace of home ownership
I will watch less television
i will purge my clothing
i will do something with the downstairs bathroom.  Reno? 

And as the continuation from last year:
I will start an exercise regime
i will lose weight.  I will lose 15 pounds.
I will run 10 km by the end of the year.
I will continue to read non-fiction.
I will read less fiction.
I will continue to learn and challenge myself mentally.
I will increase the savings account by 1/4.
I will create a budget.
I will try one creative/project this year.




No comments:

Lilypie