Monday, May 11, 2009

Six Months

So, it's been six months since mom died. And eight months since she had her massive stroke. There still aren't enough words to describe all the emotions that are still swirling around in my head. (thank God I have a humongous head) Some words that come to mind are unfair, angry, justice, maddening, sadness... and then something passes over me and I remember that I can still laugh. I can still remember. And man, some of them are great memories. Some of them are stupid. Some of them are boring. But all of them are mine and I cherish them.

Dawna, Cindy & me.
I look little and I still have long hair so this is before school.
Maybe 1975?

I think this is at the House of Wong.
What year? 1975 again? or the summer of 1976?
This must be Christmas 1972 because it looks like I'm still in diapers.

I must have just learned how to wink.

I had to include this one because OH MY GOSH, we're wearing matching clothes.
My mom made almost all of our clothes and we got to pick the buttons to make it unique and special to us.
It's kind of funny really, because Cindy is 9 years older than me and she had to wear the same kind of outfit. And then sad because I still had 2 more outfits to
grow into so I had to wear them for YEARS.

1976.

Holy smokes does John ever look like me.
And you know what? I look at Dawna, and I see mom.

No comments:

Lilypie